Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

 

The Home and Garden Channel and my bosoms

If you get the Home and Garden Channel, be sure to watch “House Hunters” at 9:00 CST Thursday night.

Two of my dearest, oldest, best friends Jen and Aimee are starring in their own show about the search and eventual purchase of their house in Minneapolis. They are friends from high school (and the present as well). We go WAAAAY back. The witty, freckled, blonde, and oh-so Scandinavian “E” sisters are starring in their own show. A perfect Minnesota pairing of half Swedish and Norwegian. Can anyone say Uff-da?

You might even get a glimpse of my hugely pregnant person, circa July 2003, a month before Maggie was born. I attended the wrap up party and barbecue which was filmed for the show. If I am on camera I will be HUGELY PREGNANT, and wearing an expression that screams “I totally freeze in front of a camera and plaster the worlds most idiotic grin on my face because I feel like an idiot, because, well… I am an idiot”.

I am hoping that any shots that include my enormous boobs and belly (a.k.a. the “trifecta”) ended up on the editing room floor.

Speaking of bosoms, I had to buy new bras yesterday because mine have officially SHRUNK to a “B”. Before I had Maggie, I was a “C”. How do they just shrink like that? If only the size of my ass would follow suit.

When I was pregnant they morphed into their own creatures, independent of the rest of my body. They swelled up to a double “D” and just got in the way. I couldn’t stop spilling things on them. It was like adolescence all over again. “What ARE these things? How do I walk with them? What do I DO with them?” I had to buy XL Maternity shirts just to cover them. I think they shot us up into a new tax bracket.

Friends I hadn’t seen for a while would gasp “Oh. My. God. You boobs are HUGE!” before they could even get a “hello!” out.

Jen and Aimee will prove to be very entertaining subjects. They are very entertaining people in general. And the house totally rocks. It should be a great show, so catch it if you can.

I am going to be at the Sunvolt concert at First Ave. during the airing so I have to Tivo it.
I am sad to miss the viewing party, but excited to see the recorded show. Thank you Tivo!

11 Comments:

Blogger mothergoosemouse said...

I have been told countless times to watch that show - in fact, that Kyle and I should APPEAR on the show - so perhaps I will finally get off my arse and do it now.

Go get a VS Ipex bra. They are into vanity sizing, I swear. There's no way in hell that I'm a C, but my bra says I am.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

TOO COOL! I will try to watch.

2:02 PM  
Blogger missjackie said...

I wish that I could explain boobs, too. I went to Spain 5 years ago as a B cup and came back 10 months later as a C. My sister -- who has three kids, yet still barely fills a B cup -- swears that it must have been something in the water. She's tried babies, lotions, pills, everything ... everything but moving to Spain, of course. :-)

2:07 PM  
Blogger Mary Tsao said...

Cool! I'll TIVO it and watch for you.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Awesome! I'll be sure to tune in and check it out! Interesting commentary on boobs, and tabloid gossips who speculate on celebs rumored to be preggers say they always look at the boobs, not the stomach. I am terrified that I'll be like, a DD when pregnant, because I'm already a very large C.

7:58 PM  
Blogger cmhl said...

oh WOW! your moment of greatness!!!


I was huge too when pregnant. people were speechless. hah

6:52 AM  
Blogger JB said...

I agree with missjackie—boob size is totally unexplainable. I’m an average C right now, but my sophomore year in high school I went from a small B to a D. Swear to god. I was HUGE. You should have seen the adolescent boys following all over themselves trying to carry my backpack, open doors, drive me to school, etc. And then when I got to college my boobs shrunk down to the size they are now.

So go figure.

I’ve seen the House Hunters show a couple quite a few times and I really liked it in the same way I like the Antiques Road Show. Is it weird to compare the two? I have this surprisingly intense fascination for both of them.

I’m weird.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous ae said...

Dang, I missed it. Maybe there'll be a rebroadcast.

Re: les bosoms, I think they shot us up into a new tax bracket. Bwahaahah!

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Kari said...

I watched the show. Twice.

This is the thing: I recorded it at 7pm, but TiVo cut it off just as the BBQ began. So, in my giddy excitement of maybe catching a glimpse of you, I told TiVo to record the 11pm showing and to keep recording 5 minutes extra.

Success!

You looked marvelous! :) That red was nice n' vibrant. And no, you didn't look silly.

I enjoyed the actual program portion of the house search, too. Very cool.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Mary Tsao said...

I saw you, too! You looked great. Not nearly as big as you think.

Also, loved your friends' new house. That was the one I wanted them to pick. And I like what they did with it, too.

3:30 PM  
Blogger GraceD said...

Rats! I went over here to see if I could catch a glimpse of The Trifecta:

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/shows_hnt/0,1804,HGTV_3855,00.html

But, alas, I had to endure 15 seconds of an utterly lame trailer with who I assume was the host, Suzanne WHANG. Now there's a last name. Yup, I would have added that 'h', too.

Meghan, you're so dang cute you should be on TV anyway. They'd have to bleep out 80% of your profane mommy blogging ranting, so I think you'd have to be on HBO.

Okay. The Nyquil is talking. Better stop wasting your bandwidth.

xoxox
GraceD, who insists that you attend BlogHer 06.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home