Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

 

I'm not dead.... but I'm very badly burned

So, no. I am not dead. I am just on a bit of a dull-minded haitus.
I am at home from work this week with the smooth madgerator herself. It's one of those weeks that makes me wish I didn't work full time. Because then I miss things like this conversation Madge and I had yesterday all the way back from the grocery store:

Madge, whispering, almost inaudible: "hi."
Me, whispering back: "hi."
Madge: unrestrained giggling
Madge, screaming: "HI!!!"
Me, screaming: "HI!!!!"
Madge: unrestrained giggling
Madge, whispering, almost inaudible: "hi."
Me, whispering back: "hi."
Madge: more giggling uncontrollably

We could have gone on for HOURS. And we both laughed our heads off.
Sometimes this motherhood thing makes me happier than I ever thought possible. And it's those little moments, like in the car, or playing in her room, that end up being remarkable and meaningful in their quirky ways.

7 Comments:

Blogger missjackie said...

It's sad how we lose this much-needed silliness when we get older. It must be refreshing to have someone so little and sweet to plays these games with!

I try such things with my 34 year-old boyfriend from time to time and sometimes he goes for it and sometimes he doesn't. BUT let me tell you, when it does, it's hilarious! It's like seeing the child in him rise back up the surface.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Prego said...

My 4 year old O-Dog was throwing some names around for his "rock band" and bounced The Reaming of the Mommas off of me. "Buddy, you're an effin' genius," I told him.

I love the backseat banter.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous JP said...

I'm with you. Like those moments in the early morning and all those hugs from my youngest. It's the one time of the day that she actually holds still...and then I leave for work. (sigh)

4:36 PM  
Blogger Mary Tsao said...

Hurrah for dull-minded hiatuses. Love them; wish I allowed myself more of them. Happy Turkey Day, too.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

I'm thinking that baby is either very, highly or supremely gifted. A sense of humor AND grasping the power of the English language?!?
What's not to love? She sounds perfect.

10:33 PM  
Blogger cmhl said...

I love that!!! so sweet..

8:10 AM  
Blogger Rude Cactus said...

Yesterday during our Thanksgiving celebration, my daughter laughed uncontrollably at my mother. I swear I teared up and everyone noticed. It was wonderful.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home