Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Thursday, December 29, 2005

 

Happy Holidays

Christmas is over. Praise baby Jesus.

I think I have post holiday stress disorder. I have a lot of cherished relatives who visit this time of year. I love seeing them all. Sometimes I wish they would visit in July instead though, when I am not crazed, and can spend time hanging out and having fun instead of twitching near them in my holiday induced panic.

Christmas Eve Maggie received an abundance of gifts and lovely toddler clothes made by her Grandma. She celebrated this by ignoring all her presents, and playing in a large cardboard box. She played contentedly in the box. She popped her head up intermittently to put a large, unopened can of Guiness beer to her lips. She then tilted her head back and took a big old pretend chug off of it, and then retreated back into her box. With her beer. It was a beautiful site. A sixteen month old practicing to be a homeless person.

We tossed balls of scrunched up wrapping paper in her cardboard home to see what she would do, and she threw them right back out at us. She takes after her father, and seems to like things neat and orderly. She might turn out to be a wino living in a cardboard box, but it will be the cleanest cardboard box on the block.

That's my girl.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

My 9-year-old STILL enjoys playing in boxes.

Happy New Year, Meghan! (Hope you get over your holiday stress enough to enjoy it.)

4:52 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Bwahahahaha! Madge!

I'm glad you survived the holidays with your sense of humor intact!

xoxoxo

4:53 PM  
Blogger Mary Tsao said...

Happy New Year! What is it with these cardboard boxes? My kids love them, too. My daughter's favorite present this year was the $2.95 Dora doll I threw in the cart at the grocery store. Who knew I could stop there?

Hope you're doing something fun for New Year's Eve...

7:08 PM  
Blogger mothergoosemouse said...

That is so darn cute. Maggie can come play at my house anytime - she will fit right in. And you and Jim too, of course.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home