Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Monday, February 06, 2006

 

mememememe

I got tagged by the lovely Mainely Madge

So heres a meme for youyou:

4 Things

4 Jobs I’ve had:

I ran a latch-key program for my sisters out of my parents home non-grata.
I worked as a sales clerk at a hardware store.
I worked for the Minneapolis Dept. Of housing inspections with a disproportionate amount of drug-addled women in abusive relationships. Oh and my manager had facial hair which she shaved, but sadly, not often enough. I Was LET GO.
I waited tables in a college bar for 4 years.

4 Movies I Could and Do Watch Over and Over (and quote and quote and quote):

The Sound Of Music
Waiting for Guffman (I hate your ass face!)
Sense and Sensibility (same as Madge but for a different reason. The part where Emma Thompson bursts into tears makes me weep like a little baby every time)
Welcome to the Dollhouse, because I am convinced that Dawn Wiener's character is based on my adolescent years.


4 Places I have lived:

In an overcrowded room in my sorority house. I later realized how lame my sorority actually was.
Uptown Minneapolis in a great Urban Apartment
A tiny attic Apartment that was the catalyst for a major breakup.
A tiny hovel of an apartment on Lake Harriet owned by a slum Lord and previously occupied by a very dark, hairy, sanitarily challenged man.



4 TV Shows I Love:

The Sopranos
Little House on the Prairie
Law and Order
Sex and the City

4 Favorite Books:

A Prayer for Owen Meany, John Irving
East of Eden, Steinbeck
Me Talk Pretty One Day (or anything by David Sedaris)
The Color Purple, Alice Walker


4 Places I Have Vacationed:

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Puerta Vallarta Mexico,
Ireland
France & England (in one trip)

4 Websites I Read Everyday:

Startribune.com
Wanna-cookie.blogspot.com
Salon.com
Cnn.com

4 Favorite Foods:

McDonalds French Fries
Bacon
A Nice piece of steak
Caprese Salad with fresh mozzarella

4 People I’m Tagging:
Everydaysupergoddess
Mary T
Jenn
roo

9 Comments:

Anonymous TB said...

Ah Waiting for Guffman: "If kids have a Remains of the Day lunchbox, they're a lot happier."
I love Corky St. Claire almost as much as I love Napoleon Dynamite.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Mary Tsao said...

For you, I will meme. And hey, it's about me, my favorite topic. ;)

3:43 PM  
Anonymous jess said...

The Little House on the Prairie might explain the sorority thing. ;)

9:05 PM  
Blogger Krisco said...

That's fun!...and makes me realize how few movies I've seen recently.

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Nancy said...

Ooohhhh.... steak.....

6:52 AM  
Anonymous madge said...

Oh, Elinor finally cracks! That's the real reason I love S&S. I just like that Piracy quote. It's the ultimate tissue-grabber.

Anyone can love Best in Show or Spinal Tap. It takes a true genius to appreciate Waiting for Guffman, GENIUS!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Caprese is also good with Buffalo Mozzarella...

5:18 PM  
Anonymous roo said...

Aw! You tagged me!

And here I was, thinking, "What am I going to write today?"

Also: My favorite part of "Sense and Sensibility", aside from the scene you mentioned, is that the sisters have a well-chosen but limited wardrobe, that we get to see worn in different ways throughout the movie. So many costume dramas become a spectacular but vapid parade of past fashions; in SaS, the clothes take a part in telling the story of two well-bred women with extremely limited means.

All right, I'm done dorking it up. Now, off to finish my tag!

6:31 PM  
Blogger mothergoosemouse said...

Fascinating! All of it. I actually haven't ever watched all of Waiting for Guffman, although I know Best in Show and A Mighty Wind by heart. And I think that not only should we drink a lot together, but we should also go out to eat. Same tastes.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home