Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Monday, March 13, 2006

 

In Like a Lion

It's hard to get too worked up about your quadrupled commute time when your backyard is magically transformed into something out of Narnia.

Despite the sloppy mess, I get a thrill out of these storms. Getting to work becomes an adventure. You rely on wits and strategy to find the best route, and you get a chance to practice your spin-out driving skills.

It took me an hour to get to work today when it usually takes 15 minutes, but I was giddy and triumphant when I walked into the office. I wanted to flail around and pump my arms like "Rocky" but opted to not alarm the hardy co-workers who also managed to get here today.

Behold seven inches of snow in my backyard:




11 Comments:

Blogger Prego said...

shudder. I'd better not tell my wife, or I'd have to cross Mpls/St. Paul off the possible relocation list.

Nice doggies. Which one's Harriet?

* Thanks for your comment. By the way, hoteliers in SD are excited about the conservative tourists afoot. They leave cleaner bedsheets.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Rude Cactus said...

Wow. It' 75 degrees here and sunny. Not that I'm rubbing it in. Just know, you're getting there. It'll be warm soon.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Harriet is the red dog. She's very sweet and quite stinky. Rainier, the black dog with OCD and oppositional definat disorder and anger management issues, is not as sweet, but also less stinky.

11:00 AM  
Blogger DDM said...

Oh that is just GORGEOUS! Here in the Pacific Northwest, we just don't get enough snow.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Lynn said...

Finally a snow day!!! You'd think living in MN we'd get them more often.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous TB said...

As much as I hate snow, I have to admit, that last picture is awesome.
Hang in there it's almost spring!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

GORGEOUS! (From someone who's only seen snow fall about four times in her life...)

2:56 PM  
Blogger Debby said...

Look how happy the doggies are! My dogs love it when we get snow and they can go out and play, well the three big ones do, the little one just wants to hide in the house and stay warm. They are happy for months at a time because we get a lot of snow up here.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Mary Tsao said...

Wow! I find it amazing how I can see these pictures on your blog and on another blog I see pictures featuring flowers budding. Tell your state that it's spring in Louisiana.

10:05 PM  
Blogger mothergoosemouse said...

So pretty! I'm planning on at least three more snowfalls around here before spring/summer officially starts. Hopefully they will happen before the leaves return to the trees.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

BE GONE WHITE STUFF!! I am praying that Chicago is through with the snow for this year, and you are right, your backyard does resemble Narnia and that just isn't right when it's March already. Cute dachs!

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home