Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Monday, April 03, 2006

 

Lest not ye falter as thou hast faltered

Not being one to ever heed a warning based on the experience of another, I decided to find out myself why it is that people should not drink at the company party. Let your sinking ship not be a warning to me! The Titanic may have succumbed to an iceberg, but not I! Forward march! Crash, scrape, blub, gurgle, blub blub blub.

I am not discussing work on my blog. This post has nothing to do with my job or my place of work. I certainly did not attend a work party at my bosses house on Friday. I did not consume several glasses of wine. I most certainly did not blurt out “I have worked for you for eight years, and do you even LIKE me?” directly TO my boss.

You know what else didn’t happen? He definitely did NOT go inside and tell everyone what I had asked him, and there were NO Sally Field jokes all night long. Not a single person mocked me by saying “YOU REALLY LIKE ME!” I did not cringe at my own stupidity, and my boss definitely did not stop several times throughout the night to say “I really like you, Meghan.” as everyone laughed.

I am not so stupid as to not take the advice of a person who learned the hard way.

My filter. It is back in its proper place. I have a new found love and appreciation for my filter. I LOVE my filter. My crazy Minnesota nice talk-about-the-weather-and-safe-subjects-at-work-party filter.

God bless the filter.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Is your filter made by Britta?

6:08 PM  
Blogger mothergoosemouse said...

Next time, try an iodine tablet. Filters let stuff through, but iodine just kills it all.

I cringe for you.

6:53 PM  
Blogger DDM said...

Oh. I feel your pain. I'm so sorry!!!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

You didn't also try to dance did you?

8:00 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I'm with ya girl! I'm a non-religious person who lives in the middle of the bible belt in Oklahoma. Speak freely after wine? Hell, I get looks just for ordering wine. The wine consumption is for true blue friends only. ...filter's on full force full-time here!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Mary Tsao said...

Oh, I miss the drunken work parties. Except if I was you, the boss would have also tried to hit on you. But that never happened to me.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home