Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 

Happy Birthday to my Baby's Daddy.

Top Ten list

In honor of the 37th birthday of my baby’s daddy, I present the top ten list for the handsome Dutch man I married.

10. You are my baby’s daddy, and you are a great daddy, at that. You come up with games like “Helicopter” Which involved throwing a large disc up into a maple tree which causes the helicopters to fall down and look really pretty. Our daughter, Jim junior, loves her daddy. She is like a girl version of you, but with brown eyes instead of blue. She is the best gift I ever got, and ever will get. Thank you.

9. Jim, you are a marketers dream. You share my weakness for the impulse buy, which is why we have 19 polar fleece pullovers, two fancy lawn chairs, and a stuffed grouse, among other things. I find this quality extremely endearing, except for when we run out of closet space.

8. You love to sing and make up your own songs and lyrics out of the blue. Not just regular lyrics, but crazy off-the wall, juvenile humor lyrics. I can’t recall exactly what it was that made me fall over laughing this last weekend, but good grief it was funny.

7. What I lack in attention to detail, you more than compensate for. If it weren’t for you, our lawn would be a jungle, and our carpet would be home to critters and crumbs. You make it look like I might actually have my shit together domestically. HAHAHAHA!. If people only knew you were my secret weapon for organization.

6. You are an absolute dream to cook for. Pretty much anything I make gets an eager and enthusiastic reception.

5. You love independent films. I am always impressed by the movies you like, and you let me pick out all sorts of crazy things on netflix, and not only do you rarely complain about my choices, you actually seem to like most of them.

4. You are a music lover and a loyal fan of your favorite artists. I have always admired that about you. You go from Wilco to Jeff Tweety to Sunvolt to Jay Faraar to that crazy Scottish band I can’t think of the name of right now. You buy tickets to see them at First Ave and tuck the ticket stubs into the cd cases. You are like a kid in a candy store when we peruse the concert schedules. It’s sweet, and your enthusiasm actually makes me want to stay up until 2:00 a.m. on a school night watching Ryan Adams get wasted and sing the same song 3 times and then rip on Paul Westerberg in his hometown like some kind of spoiled idiot.

3. To say we have had our struggles could be a wee bit of an understatement. And we both know what I’m talking about sugar. Thanks for being willing to learn with me. We have some roads ahead. You continue to surprise me with your ability to grow. I hope I am able to reciprocate.

2. You have a really nice chest and shoulders. I really really like them.

You get excited about trinkets. Every time I get a cheesy award for hitting sales numbers, like a miniature pretend silver phone, a gumball machine, or say, and hourglass with my name on it, you excitedly grab it from me and place it in our office where you keep the shrine to Meghan’s Sales Trinkets. It’s funny and quirky and sweet. And so are you.

Happy Birthday Poops. I love you.

6 Comments:

Blogger Prego said...

Wait. Ryan Adams tooled on Westerberg? What an a**hole. No wonder I don't by Adams' albums.

Anyway, I share your husband's affinity for customized lyrics (8), and (4), though we vary on some of the others. Most notably on (2). My chest would be much nicer without the beer tits.

Madge is lucky to have such a swell pops. Almost as lucky as the O-Dog & the Fletchmonster.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Jerri Ann said...

ahhhh How adorable! I'm sure he appreciates you just as much!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Jerri Ann said...

ahhhh How adorable! I'm sure he appreciates you just as much!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

My hub lets me watch all the crazy foriegn films, with very little complaining. That is an underused "Get their panties off" technique. Thank god more men aren't aware of that power.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous mothergoosemouse said...

Meghan, that was an awesome list. Happy birthday Jim!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Belinda said...

Beautiful. Happy Birthday to Jim!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home