Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

 

All I have to do

All I have to do tomorrow, is get a replacement fish for Dorothy. Dorothy was our goldfish. We had to euthanize her last night. She was a good fish. She was a good friend to Edgar, the blue Beta. Edgar is now the sole resident of our tank. It was a difficult decision, but when a goldfish is swimmimg belly up, and no manner of poking revives her, it's time to do the humane thing.

Choosing a new goldfish is the only thing on my agenda, and that makes me very happy.
Don't get me wrong. I am sad about Dorothy, because she really was a good fish.

But facing an entire day with only one thing to do feels good right now.

Off to read a book. Goodnight!

7 Comments:

Anonymous wordgirl said...

Only one thing to do. *sigh*
I could go for that.

6:47 AM  
Anonymous TB said...

I hope that you were able to find a suitable replacement for Dorothy. It's not easy picking a goldfish. And naming it! Can I suggest Sasquatch as a good goldfish name?

12:39 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

HAHAHA Sasquatch is totally the new goldfish name. You MUST name it sasquatch.

Cause he's all about animal rescue...

3:26 PM  
Blogger Mary Tsao said...

Are you on vacation or did you quit your job?

I love a day with only one thing to do. Ahhhh. Heaven, really.

6:20 PM  
Anonymous roo said...

Have fun finding a fishy friend for Edgar!

7:41 PM  
Blogger sweetney said...

dorothy! too funny. mina named her fish Nemo, which is pretty much just as uncreative.

kids. aren't they supposed to be, you know, filled with imagination or something?

6:54 AM  
Blogger h&b said...

ack ! fish !

I think we'll be getting one for Xmas anyway, despite my distaste in the matter ... ack !

( P.S. - Can you tell me what constitutes a GOOD fish ? Did she clean her own tank ? Perform tricks ? Inquiring minds need to know .. )

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home