Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Monday, August 14, 2006

 

I am a house-hunters superstar! And I am also expecting a visit from child social services at any moment.

I am a celebrity. Did you know that? I am!

I made a guest appearance on an episode of "House-hunters". Two of my very best friends, who happen to be sisters, starred in their very own episode in which they scour Minneapolis for a nice Urban home to buy. So technically, I am a celebrity hanger-on, but who's keeping track, really........

My big part is at the end of the show, when the sisters host a barbecue for their friends to show off the house, and the updates they made.

And people have NOTICED.

Here is one recent comment from a coworker regarding my superstar status (said to my friend J, who I happen to also work with):

“Hey, I thought I saw you and Meghan on an episode of “House-hunters”, except Meghan was pregnant. And drinking a beer!”

HAHAHAHA!

And then J said “THAT WAS US!”

And I am not certain whether or not she chose to use that opportunity to clarify that I wasn’t actually gooning Malt Liquor, but rather, I was taking an enthusiastic chug off of a bottle of non-alcoholic root beer in a deceptive brown glass bottle.

Note to self: When 8 months pregnant and being filmed on television, DO NOT WEAR RED.

Also: DO NOT PUT YOURSELF ON CAMERA TAKING A HUGE SWIG OFF OF A BROWN BOTTLE THAT LOOKS LIKE IT CONTAINS BEER. YOU KNOW, AS TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE YOU ARE GUZZLING BEER WITH AN ENOURMOUS PREGNANT BOOB AND BELLY “TRIFECTA".

It was ROOT BEER. It really was root beer. But the only people who know that are the people who were actaully there at the barbecue. The percentage of people who were there compared to the people who have seen that episode are like 19 to 450,000.

Nice.

It was ROOT BEER!!!!!!

19 Comments:

Anonymous Elizabeth said...

Wow, you ARE a celebrity! Did you have to stand around for hours pretending to drink the same root beer? Ooh, did you get hair and makeup??

Of COURSE it was root beer. And I bet you looked fabulous drinking it!

12:19 PM  
Anonymous mothergoosemouse said...

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?

That beats the hell out of our pictures of the girls holding beer cans before they could hold their own bottles.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

I rarely watch that show, but I saw that one. Most of those shows seem to be shot in S. California, but there were a few from Minneapolis, as I recall. I remember the sister's show and I also remember some sorry white trash bimbette-type selling her mini mansion to move closer to the city center. It gave me pleasure because I thought all of 'them' lived here in Los Angeles.

But you a [root]beer slugging celeb? W.O.W. I'll keep my eyes open for the reruns!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Karen Rani said...

Riiiiight. Root beer.

You'll always be a celebrity to me. Did you ever know that you're my heeeeerooooo....

5:10 PM  
Anonymous chris said...

I think you should make copies of it and mail it to all your blog friends.

I am going to have to look out for you and your beer...errr rootbeer that is;-)

5:40 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Hahaha - Meghan! I'm sure people gave you the benefit of the doubt.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous dorothy said...

Sure it was...

because nothing is more fun than being way pregnant than being way pregnant and drunk in public. Yeow! Not. :)

1:02 PM  
Blogger Mary Tsao said...

I saw you on that show months ago! You were very cute on the parch at the end in your gigantic red sweater.

I'm sorry, I mean teeny tiny red sweater.

And everybody knows that you're only allowed to drink wine when you're pregnant. Hello.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

I love House Hunters! But I never noticed the drunk pregnant woman. Gotta look closer.

I cave a picture of my daughter drinking a root beer at age one. Her grandparents are convinced it's a real beer.

Sigh.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Green said...

Congrats on your brush with fame!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Prego said...

Whenever someone busts out the camera, I always put down the (root)beer bottle, lest I appear like a swilling frat-rat.

I always like to share this story, so forgive me if you've heard it before. When my wife and I were taking that baby givin' class we broke for lunch. As the parade of waddlin' mommies came out, husbands in tow, I turned to my wife and said, "Do you have your cigarettes on you or did you leave them in the car?"

It was fun to watch all the condescending glares from the other folks. My wife was a little nonplussed and a little pissed.

We went to the car for a couple bong hits and shots of Cuervo... I think we tripped on acid, too.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

At least it wasn't a joint. Think of the excuses you would have had to come up with that one!

I hate trying to explain myself from my national tv experiences.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Mother said...

That's hilarious. I thought the same thing slugging O'Douls at Blogher on a way way way smaller scale.

Thanks for the tip on the red though :)

7:38 PM  
Anonymous wordgirl said...

I believe you about the rootbeer. No, really.

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Jenna said...

HA! That is HILARIOUS.

Our friend G who doesn't drink at all always asks for his beer with lots of root. Heh.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Izzy said...

No way! I wanna see it! And then I can tell everyone "I know that beer er...I mean ROOT beer swilling pregnant chick"

10:59 AM  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Whoa. That was YOU? I was all set to start a No Drinking While Pregnant on House Hunters letter-writing campaign!! ;)

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Nancy said...

OMG. I had a witty comment all prepared but Prego's comment just completely knocked it out of my brain. HAHAHAHAHA!

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Celia said...

This page is great! The colors you’re using are fantastic and together are amazing. Your page is awesome. Keep it!!!!
Do you want to see something more? Look…
Glass Bongs and Bong featuring Herbal Smoke, water bongs, bongs online head shop, Marijuana Alternative,glass water bongs, Hashish, Ganja, homemade bongs, Smokeshop, cannibis, legal smoking alternatives for herbal highs and aphrodisia. http://www.headshopinternational.com

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home