Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Friday, September 15, 2006

 

Freak Filter

The following are all honest-to-God questions I answered today on a psychological assessment for a job opportunity. Do you think I'll get the position?

Note: my actual answers may have been changed for comedic affect. The questions, and the options given for potential answers however, have not been altered in any way.

137. Sometimes I get angry enough to smash things.
XTrue
False

139. I feel I am not as smart as I used to be.
XTrue
False

159. If we expect the worst, then we won't be disappointed.
XTrue
False

17. Most social reformers are not really sincere.
XTrue
False

33. Sometimes I feel I could just scream.
XTrue
False

90. Utilities should be allowed to raise rates because they have been regulated more than most other industries.
XTrue
False

120. People who act like they're better than me make me feel bad.

XTrue
False

119. I sometimes feel like I lock myself inside.
XTrue
False

75. There is so much government control that commercial business is rapidly being destroyed.
XTrue
False

38. Beer can collecting has become popular because

Xit's fascinating to meet collectors from all walks of life.


it's fun to impress friends with rare acquisitions.


it's an inexpensive hobby.

2. People who raise tropical fish do so because


they are challenged to breed fish that have never been bred.


Xthe serenity of the fish is a welcome change from daily life.


it's a hobby the whole family can enjoy


10. People patronize the arts because

they seek better or unique methods for self-expression.


they want to make exposure to the arts available for everyone.


Xthey're "uppity" or trying to appear better than others

7 Comments:

Anonymous wordgirl said...

We agree on a lot...except the untilities thing. Our TXU electric bill was over $1,000 last month. It's killing us.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Mwahahahaa! I used to love those tests when I worked as a temp. I took probably 10 of them in the space of 6 months, and it made for some good comedy.

Like yours.

8:30 PM  
Blogger h&b said...

What the hell kind of a job interview was this ?

A job with "Yahoo!" ?

9:45 PM  
Anonymous mothergoosemouse said...

I'd have been afraid to be honest, for fear of acing myself out of the position. I hate assessments like these. Yeah, I may want to smash things, but that doesn't mean I'm going to DO IT.

7:14 AM  
Anonymous in2deep said...

that was a very strange interview!:S

9:45 AM  
Blogger jenB said...

i think you were more subdued than i. you will totally get the job! with the power company? hmmm

9:01 PM  
Anonymous roo said...

I don't know, I think people collect beer cans so they can be uppity and feel better than everyone else.

That's why I do it, anyway.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home