Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

 

Thank you. Thank you thank you thank you.

For the following things, I am thankful:

For Maggie, who, on Friday night, looked up at me and said “Hi Mommy. What’s up? You’re my best friend.”

For Jim, with whom I sat up in bed last night reading self-help books. And who follows me around the house with a broom and a dustpan cleaning up my messes. Even though it annoys me. I am still glad that the house is clean.

For cute shoes in size 11.

For being ready to work on my own happiness. And for actually thinking that I deserve to be happy. And also that it’s worth working for.

A good haircut.

My parents, sisters, and nieces.

My mother and father in law and wonderful extended family. Yes. I actually love my in-laws. It would be hard not to.

All my phenomenally irreverent women relatives and friends. I forget sometimes how great it is to know you. But it is truly great to know you. I am a lucky lady.

My in-the-oven digital roasting thermometer.

My stinky dogs. Not feet, but actual canines.

My funny talented internet friends. Who I never talk to, but always keep up with via their websites. I heart you. And if you are wondering if I am referring to you, then I am.

Puppies. In particular, Rhea, Finn, and Teddy. This seems to be the season of the puppy.

Patty Griffin. I am hoping she comes to my next birthday party and invites me to join her in a sing along. Just like Davey Jones showed up for Marcia Brady’s that one time. Except I don’t love Patty the way that Marcia loved Davey, if you know what I mean. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

The American voting public, who voiced their opinions very clearly this November. Good Lord am I thankful for you. Except those of you in Minnesota’s 6th district, because you elected a batshit crazy person.

My daughter’s face, when she saw the cupcake I brought home for her on Saturday. It had a giant pile of blue frosting on top, which was soon transferred to her face.

Coffee on a Saturday Morning.

Saturday Mornings.

Gravy. I love me some Gravy.

The way my little amazon daughter looks when she sleeps.

9 Comments:

Anonymous mothergoosemouse said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Meghan!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous wordgirl said...

Me? Grateful for me? Well...uh...THANK YOU!

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Jane said...

Batshit crazy woman is right!! Whoa!!! What I wouldn't have given to have voted in the 6th district!

At least she's in the minority now!

Happy Thanksgiving!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Prego said...

I forgot about your big-ass feet.

And what? No "Little House" related thank yous?

p

PS - Have a nice holiday.

8:49 PM  
Blogger mary said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving!

I love coffee on a weekend morning. The best.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous TB said...

I love getting caught up on Thanksgiving posts after the fact. It's like carrying the warm glow forward for another week.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

Anyone with irreverent female relatives is lucky indeed. I think your female relatives and my female relatives would have a grand old time at Thanksgiving together.

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your extended family loves you too Meghan. We are thankful you married that big dutchman and came into our lives. Now, which play should we got to next.....pjindy

4:55 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I love your voice. I am grateful I found it. I look forward to hearing more from your dutch loving, mini van driving, fashinably shod self.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home