Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Friday, November 03, 2006

 

Tom Waits sings the itsy bitsy spider.

This morning I awoke at 6:50 a.m. to a gravelly, soulful version of “The Itsy Bitsy Spider”. The lyrics were broadcast from the baby monitor, sung in a growling, Tom Waits Monster voice. It was so low and gravelly that I could not even do an imitation of a high enough caliber do it justice. Jim is the only one whose voice can go that low. Jim, and our toddler that is.

Needless to say we both woke up laughing today.

Jim’s comment “She’s her mother’s daughter”.

I would not in a million years ever enter that child in a beauty pageant, however I am toying with the idea of a Tom Waits cover band. She can already play the kazoo and the drum.

She makes me proud, that one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Karianna said...

Multitalented, indeed.

Reminds me of when my son would demand, "Milk!" as if he were holding up a bank. Now his voice has gotten suspiciously higher.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Prego said...

"When I see my parents fight... I don't wanna grow up..."


Now that's a couplet fit for a toddler. I'd suggest you start there. Something about "Martha" or "Ol' 55" would be a little toughter to pull off.

ciao,
p

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home