Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

 

Voting Day Survey

Does everyone get those red "I Voted" stickers, or is that just a Minnesota thing?

As I waited in line, I couldn't help but look around, and sing "these are the people in my neighborhood" to myself... Did THAT happen to anyone else?

Am I the only one who tried to size up the other people in line to guess which party they belong to? Shoes and use of hairspray say a lot about political affiliations in my neck of the woods.

Did anyone vote on a 3rd Party candidate out of disgust over the campaign ads of the two main candidates?

Personally, I wanted to vote for the 3rd party candidate in one race, but refrained because polls show the election is very very close, and I dislike the one guy enough to vote for the other guy who I might not want to admit 2 years from now I voted for. If he wins. Which he might.

Did anyone else cross party lines? I crossed party lines in my vote today for a pretty good moderate type-candidate. Partially because I don't mind them so much, and partially because I want to tell people I didn't vote 100% across party lines.

Is anyone else glad all the hulaballoo is over? Every poitical ad I have been repeatedly subjected to in the last 2 months has been so bad, I initially suspected they were satirical Saturday Night Live ads. They were THAT bad.

Now, all you smart people who have not yet performed your civic duty, get out there and vote! Go on now! Git!

9 Comments:

Anonymous mothergoosemouse said...

I haven't gone yet. It's my day at home, so I'm going after lunch when the lines will be shortest (I hope).

I spent my morning looking at every single candidate on the ballot - their websites, stands on the issues, experience, endorsements, even the 3rd party evals of the judges who are up for retention. For once, I feel like I know my shit.

And yes, I do intend to cross party lines - mostly at the state/national level. With the local candidates, I was wholly unimpressed with the other party. I hope they can get their acts together in 2008 to make a better impression, because I'd be willing to cross lines, but not just for the sake of differing from the majority.

Anyway. Looking forward to watching the news tonight!

10:26 AM  
Anonymous madge said...

I was so torn by the Nader factor that I had decided to vote for our Dem candidate just to keep it out of the other's hands. Buuuuuuttt, when I got in the booth, I was so bored and frustrated with said incumbent Dem, that I went with the Green/Independent candidate.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! What did I do??? I want my vote to count, but I just couldn't go to the major parties this time.

10:58 AM  
Blogger DDM said...

I vote via mail in ballot. AND I get a sticker, WOOT! I crossed party lines for one candidate. The one I didn't vote for is in my political party but OH how I dispise his record.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Prego said...

I voted for the Green Party guy just because I don't like Hillary.

I also voted (shudder) for a Conservative Party city court judge, because he's an old friend. Other than that, I just avoided the Republican candidates across the board and spread the love elsewhere.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Prego said...

and no stickers, either. That must be a Minnesota thing... Like Mille Lacs and Dinkytown

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know that former President Carter, who is in Nicaragua overseeing elections for the International Agency that supervises elections, said that the USA would not meet the standards that are set for other nations in free elections? We make it difficult for the poor, spending is lopsided for candidates, we have no uniform system for casting votes, we have irregularities etc etc. How pathetic is that!

And, then the USA sends Rumsfeld to tell Nicaraguans we would withdraw all aid dollars and then send Ollie North --convicted of Iran Contra affair, to dissuade voters for electing a Sandinista. What hypocrites.

But, in South/Central America politics is a passion and they do not like to be told what to do by anyone! Daniel Ortega appears to have won Sunday.

It is shocking to me that we have a President who said a vote for a Democrat is a vote for the Terrorists! I voted at 6a this morning (yes, there was a line!)and whatever the results, we have serious clean-up in order to make elections fair in the USA. Geez, it has gotten nasty of late. I wonder why.... who is threatened here? pjindy

4:31 PM  
Blogger Rude Cactus said...

I voted, got the sticker and promptly put it on my forehead. The great democratic tradition!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous wordgirl said...

I did it...not that it made a dent in the turnout in my state. Still, I feel good.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

I want an 'I Voted' sticker, even though I'm Canadian. I'd cross out the 'd', wear it on my forehead...

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home