Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Monday, January 08, 2007

 

Sound bites from a spent mind.

I am currently slogging through my post-holiday stupor in which I am rendered absolutely of no help to anyone whatsoever. I will offer up a post-mortem at some point, but I can’t quite think properly yet.

In the mean-time, my nearly 2.5 year old, Maggie’s new catch phrases:

“What about ME?”
She whines / inquires this in response to everything from me opening up a can of mineral water to putting my coat on to go to the grocery store. My response: “What about you? Please share!”

“No Mommy, you CAN’T count to five! You CAN’T!”

This is shrieked in horror, with tears, every time I try to implement the counting technique, otherwise known as “I know you love to climb into your car seat yourself, but perhaps in this century if for no other reason than to prevent my untimely dismissal from my place of employment”. Or “If I get to five and your little heine is not in your car seat I will lovingly place it there for you”.

“Mommy, you’re my BEST FRIEND.” This is said earnestly, with her arms around my neck, with eye contact. Then she hugs me deliciously with her head resting on my chest.

Then I give her whatever she wants. Candy, Play Doh, her own car, you name it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They may be little, but they have big power over our hearts.

Addicted to Doll Houses

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Megan,

My name is Alex Kugel and my wife and I were married on October 12, 2002. Mark Anderson was our photographer. I know you are probably trying to forget about the whole miserable experience (and ours was exactly like yours)but I'm going to try and go after him for at least the negatives with an attorney. Right now I'm trying to collect as much information as possible and would be interested in talking to you. My email address is ajkugel@gmail.com. If you are willing, please email me. You were the only hit on several Google searches I did. I haven't gone into the court records yet so I don't know if anyone else has filed but my wife spoke to his mother and she was not helpful.

Thanks

Alex

10:57 AM  
Blogger Catizhere said...

When Her Royal Highness is pleased with me, she tells me that "You may come to my birthday party"

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home