Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

 
Americans are wierd.
What do you get when you cross "News as entertainment" with a bunch of Puritannical Americans who tend to deny that there is anything normal about the biology and phisiology of human sexuality?
"News" that includes

This:

This:

And this:

It seems we might want to focus our shock, interest, and moral judgement on other things.

Some days the top stories say scary things about American culture. This was one of them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kristina said...

I will admit to snickering (but not being offended) at Prince's guitar solo - did you see that he switched guitars right before the sheet went up? You can't tell me that wasn't on purpose - and being a bit turned off by the Snickers commercial. But you are right - we (and the news) should spend more energy on those other more sobering news topics.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous TB said...

I didn't even make it that far into Prince's halftime performance. It was so lame I had to turn it off. Now I'm sorry I missed all the spurious guitar action.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home