Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Monday, February 05, 2007

 

Sixteen Below Brings a Special Kind of Crazy

It's too cold to leave the house. This kind of cold makes my brain go dead, and my car wheeze.

This weekend, I learned to play chess. I baked my own bread. I sighed. A lot.

I am getting weirder by the day.

If this weather pattern continues, I may complete shoebox dioramas of the nations largest 25 cities, complete with state birds and flowers. Perhaps I will spin my own yarn and make a latch- hook rug of the Mona Lisa, but in neon colors. What could a person do with toilet paper rolls and empty boxes of baby wipes? How many things can a person make with flour, water, sugar, and eggs? How about a paper mache bra?

I want to get out of the house, but I don't want to leave the house. Because it's sixteen below.

The local news keeps running stories about how it's illegal to let your unmanned car run with the keys inside. I think I will continue to tempt the fates. Because when it's 16 below zero, it's just plain crazy to sit in your cold car while it warms up. My daughter's diaper would freeze to her car seat and then what, I ask you? THEN WHAT?

Sanity preserving suggestions are welcome.

4 Comments:

Anonymous TB said...

Do you have one of those nifty automatic keyless ignition car starters? I always said I was going to get one when we lived in Ohio but I never did. Seems like everyone should have one of those where you live.

2:34 AM  
Anonymous abogada said...

We're not quite that far below zero where I live, but it's pretty bad. The pipes are starting to freeze at our house, and it's just plain painful to go outside. I hate hate hate winter and want to move somewhere warm, where the coldest day requires that I get out only my sweater.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

OMG. I don't think I could stand it, Meghan!

12:24 PM  
Anonymous susiej said...

Yes, cold here too, and 4 boys are realy needing to burn off some energy! And now it's snowing -- will it be a snow day tomorros?

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home