Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Friday, March 09, 2007

 

Before morning's first light.

"Maggie has started getting up at the crack of dawn (6:00 a.m. in the pitch dark), dragging a stepstool into our bedroom and setting it up on my side of the bed to stand on, so she can stare directly into my face until I wake up. Sometimes I know she's there, staring, but I pretend I am still sleeping. Is that bad?"

A direct quote from an e mail to my friend Brooke today.


8 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

Not bad at all, I do the same thing.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Don't worry. By the time she starts kindergarten, it'll be the other way around.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

my 4-year old always knows i'm just pretending... :)

9:38 AM  
Anonymous TB said...

Hahahaha! I totally do that with my cat who does the same exact thing.
And sadly I ask myself the same question.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Catizhere said...

At least she doesn't do what *my* Maggie does....

Mag will poke her finger in my forehead (I guess where your 3rd eye would be???) With each poke, she whispers, "Mommy??" poke. "Mommy??"

8:44 AM  
Blogger Lesli3 said...

How cute is she? I am not so worried that you pretended to sleep... I am just delighted that she is so industrious!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Not wrong, doubt it would work, but not wrong :) Mine tries to get in about that time or ealier, joining dad, other brother who's snuck in earlier, and me, shouting "move!" before forcing himself in, only to decide I have to get up moments later.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Alpha DogMa said...

With a few slight deviations this ritual is performed at my house daily at 5 AM. By the dog. She stands there breathing her fetid breath on my face. I don't have the option of pretending to be asleep because if I do not respond in a timely fashion she french kisses me. And yes, it is a nasty as it sounds/reads.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home