Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Friday, March 30, 2007

 

The definition of insanity

"I'm fucking Irish, I'll deal with something being wrong for the rest of my life."

-a quote from a scene in the movie "The Departed"

I expend by tenfold, the energy it would take to just suck it up and make major changes, by continuing to turn myself inside out and right side in again waiting for change to just happen. Wishing that it would.

Is it stubborn determination? Fear of change? Ambivalence? Low self –esteem?

Or is it just because I'm Irish?

3 Comments:

Blogger EverydaySuperGoddess said...

That quote made me laugh out loud right there in the theater.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Izzy said...

I just watched that movie Saturday night (and I'm also Irish!)

I nominated you for a Thinking Blogger award. I'm sending an email with the button code :)

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

From one Irish girl to another, I feeeeeeel your pain.

Change doesn't just happen without a catalyst. Maybe we can pay someone to jumpstart some of the shit we need to have done.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home