Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Thursday, March 15, 2007

 

A Tender moment

Last night, while preparing the evening meal of coarse brown bread and Johnnycakes (okay… it was quiche, really), the Handsome Dutchman came up behind me to place his hands on my waist in a loving gesture, a’la Charles and Caroline Ingalls wood burning stove foreplay.

However, because I didn’t hear his silent and stealth approach, my response was not a warm smile and a giddy “Oh, Charles!”

My response was more like this:

SHRIEK, JUMP. GLARE.

“Don’t DO THAT! DON’T EVERDOTHATAGAIN! YOUSCAREDTHECRAPOUTOFME! ANDMADEMEPEEMYPANTS! DON’TDOTHAT!!!!!”

The Handsome Dutchman's eyes opened wide, and he slowly backed out of the room.

These are the moments we cherish.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Dave has a way of stealthily sneaking into the kitchen to stand there watching me until I jump out of my skin. Creep-y.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

That's funny! My hubby does the same thing, and I hate it. I guess I am just too jumpy of a person to handle that. Don't touch me unless I know you are coming!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

LOL! It must be a guy thing.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Paula the Surf Mom said...

and hand on the waist huh? thats not what happens here... and hand on the waist would be an improvement

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Nancy said...

My husband doesn't get it when I'm not into his amorous advances -- but usually they're of the sneaking up on me kind, as well. I'm not feeling the love unless I see it coming.

And hey, you might want to stop by my blog today if you get a chance. I've got a little surprise for you. :-)

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home