Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

 

Funkity Funk Funk

  • It’s cold and it’s grey and it has been so for many many days. My mental health is fragile. As a friend of mine said today “I’m solar powered”. Which means I am slogging through cold molasses up to my armpits. This shit is for the birds. It is supposed to SNOW later this week. I want to hide in my closet until May.
  • Incubating fetuses (or feti, in this case) is mind-numbing business. Was I stupid before, or is the fetus sucking all my mental energy?
  • I dropped Maggie off yesterday morning, got all the way to work and realized I forgot my computer. What the Hell am I going to do with TWO children every morning? I am officially scared.
  • Much of the time, I feel like a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest.
  • I dream about buying cute clothes for regular sized people.
  • I want to go somewhere warm this weekend. Like Mexico. But trying to decide whether to bring Maggie or not, and if not, who to leave her with, makes me too tired to pursue it any further.
  • American idol is on tonight, and that makes me happy. What does not make me happy is that I have become the kind of person I made fun of in my twenties. The kind of person who gets excited about watching television.
  • I can smell the bad breath of a coworker from across the cube wall. It’s not pleasant.
  • I need a vacation from my own life. Where shall I go?

9 Comments:

Blogger DDM said...

Oooo...Makena Beach on Maui.
Or. Rent a hotel room that is near where you live, and bury yourself in the blankets for an entire day, watching movies and numbing out. Sometimes it helps to just veg out, ya know? No you were not stupid, but yes the fetus is draining your brain power. *giggle* That happened to me too. I'm still waiting for it to come back......

11:52 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Meghan -- Being pregnant DOES temporarily destroy your brain cells -- didn't you know that? (At least, that is the excuse I made when I was pregnant and working and feeling spacey towards the last trimester).

And television is just an easy way to relax. You're a working mom. You've earned it.

7:59 AM  
Blogger EverydaySuperGoddess said...

Oh my God leave her with MEEEEEEEE!

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Wait - they have cute clothes for people our size? I didn't even remember they sold clothes for grown ups.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Jane said...

yes, how sad is it, that I'm planning my evening around snow in April! ugh... and the brain cells... please say it's true, else I am just dumb now too...

4:49 AM  
Anonymous kellypea said...

It doesn't snow here in Paradise. And Mexico is spitting distance. Two birds with one stone. Enjoy your blog!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm slogging too and I need sun, PRONTO. Unfortunately, it's another gray day in Chicago with an inch of snow on the ground.

Sigh...

8:47 AM  
Anonymous fishneedsbicycle said...

Hello there! I'm loving your blog and especially your honesty. You're very relatable. I'm still in my thirties and have no feti incubating within. I guess I'm a 40-year-old at heart. Even American Idol and The Office rock my world more than my husband does. Ha!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous whoorl said...

Come to the beach! It's sunny and 70 degrees today. (Am I rubbing it in?)

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home