Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

 

Well slap my behind and call me Polly

Izzy and Nancy nominated me for a thinking blogger award, and I am appropriately flattered. It is an honor to be recognized.

In turn, I have been asked to appoint some of my own thinking blogger awards.

Most of these women have already been awarded, but I have go to give props where they are due.

Liz from Mom 101. There’s always a good post up over at mom 101. Liz gets riled up over many of the same things that I do (women’s rights, the ethics of marketing to children, plus she has CONVERSED WITH GLORIA STEINEM!) . She also includes links to all sorts of intellectual articles that back up her ideas, so that I can so in and plagiarize for my own use. Kidding! (sort of). Plus, she’s funny. And I dig me some funny. She’s also a gifted introspective writer, and I also dig me some introspection.

Izzy: “No! YOUR’E SCHMOOPY!!!!” But seriously, we share a passion for wanting to protect our daughters from objectification, and extend their worry-free childhoods as long as possible. We are both looking for ways to navigate American culture while simultaneously raising well-adjusted daughters with healthy self-image. I hope she tells me when she figures it all out. Her self-depricating sense of humor make for many great laughs as well.

Sweetney: Tracey succinctly describes her horror brought on by everything from the Amish School shooting to Bratz dolls. From video clips that give me the giggles, to posts that make me want to pound my chest in solidarity, there is always something good going on at Sweetney.

Alice Bradley from Wonderland (and also finslippy). Alice might be afraid that I will over-serve myself on Chardonnay and try to molest her (again) at next years BlogHer, but she’s not afraid to write about ANYTHING. There’s always a hot (and often controversial) topic related to motherhood over at Wonderland. Don't forget to peruse the comments, because there's some great stuff there as well. She’s got nerves of steel, that Alice, and I admire that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mom101 said...

Wow thank you so much M. To be included in a list like this one...well that's a lot to take on. I think I'll need therapy for this.

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Nancy said...

Don't forget the other little old person who nominated you. :-)

Great choices, all.

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Izzy said...

No, YOU'RE SCHMOOPY!

lol...you crack me up. Thanks for the love :)

3:55 PM  
Blogger tracey said...

I concur. Great choices.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home