Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Friday, October 19, 2007

 

And so we had pork...

Wednesday night I made a dinner of roast beef and roasted potatoes, and in doing so, I seared all the pads on the fingertips of my right hand on a white-hot handle of a frying pan.

After thawing out an entire pork tenderloin with my burned hand, I eventually went to bed with my hand in a bag of frozen chicken parts. Remind me to get a refrigerator with an ice machine. Please.

The next day Maggie flipped over face first, upside down, into the ladder on her bunk bed. I expected her to come up with broken teeth, but she just had a bump on her forehead.

Just in case any of you were questioning the importance of health insurance. We are poster children.

Last night, we ate pork.

2 Comments:

Anonymous TB said...

I remember those first six weeks or so after Myles was born... I shouldn't have been around any hot or sharp objects because I was so tired I was bound to get hurt.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

yep...it all sounds so very familiar (even though it was 34 years ago when I [gulp] last had a newborn).

xoxo

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home