Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

 

Welcome to the World, Baby Ben


"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree."
Martin Luther King Jr.
Benjamin James arrived on September 21st, very very early in the morning.
He's a big boy, weighing in at 9 pounds 7 ounces at birth, and is now past a whopping 10 pounds.
No wonder I was so tired all the time. Lugging this kid around!
Now if only we can get him to sleep for 3 consecutive hours with some regularity...
We are over the moon, though. He is a peach. We think he is the cutest thing ever. Even with the not sleeping and all. And much to the disbeleif of my entire family, he is indeed a boy. After his face, it was the first thing we checked.
The blog posts shall resume with some regularity from this point on.
It was a long summer that included a new job, a very tired, very large pregnant lady, and a lot of long, hot days.
Hope you are all well!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Nancy said...

Congratulations and welcome to handsome Ben!

(I had a kid that sized at birth -- and yes, I do remember how tiring it was lugging her around!)

Hope you are all enjoying your expanded family!

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Fancypants said...

Congratulations! Great name, cute baby.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

YAY! He IS a beauty, too. Please email me your snail mail addy. I have a little something for Baby Ben (one of my favourite boy names).

Your bon mots have been missed. Now if I can get my computer issues sorted out, I"ll start blogging again as well.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Congrats! He was born on my daughter's birthday, so of course I think he has a great birthday!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Catizhere said...

Congrats & Happy Birthday Ben!

How does Maggie like him so far?

7:11 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Welcome to the world Ben. Congratulations all around. He sure is a handsome little guy.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Elizabeth said...

Congratulations and welcome, Baby Ben! Aww, he is so cute :)

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Formerly DDM said...

As one blogger returns, another departs.
Congratulations and welcome baby ben! He's beautiful!!

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Jenn said...

He is adorable! I cannot wait to hear more about him. Give those gorgeous cheeks a big kiss for me. Miss you, sweetie. Love ya!

12:39 PM  
Blogger mothergoosemouse said...

Congratulations to you and Jim and Maggie, and welcome Ben!

(And I'm thrilled to hear that you'll be blogging more often now!)

3:00 PM  
Anonymous TB said...

Awesome. He's beautiful and holy cow nine pounds! Good job :o)

How is Maggie handling things?

11:05 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

YAY!!! Congratulations! And condolences to your peri-whoopsie. That can't have been fun. There should be a timer on kids that pops them out at seven pounds. (I think I have one of those. They all weighed exactly the same.) But you! You have babies in proportion to the love you have for them. Not that I don't love my kids, it's just that you're lovely, and I'm... rambling... and, um, wanted to let you know that I would return home to brave the swirling, frozen winds of the north just for a chance to visit and smell his little head.

Is it too creepy to, say, ask for one of his caps? In a baggie?

Has it been too long since I'm commented? Do you remember me? Tall, dorky, loud, you once proposed?

:)

Love you, sweets, and am so so happy for all of you. If there is ANYTHING you need or want, let me know. And if you email me your address, I'll send you a special treat!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Aw, Meghan, he's beautiful.

CONGRATULATIONS!

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home