Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Monday, August 01, 2005

 

Mommyblogher recap

Blogher was a smashing success. Many thanks to the panel and the attendees and to all of the lovely and talented writers I had the pleasure of meeting. It was such an honor to get to meet you all in person. Thank you to Lisa Stone, Elisa Camahort, Jory Des Jardins, Purvi Shah, and Katrin Verclas for putting on such a well run, inspiring event. It was obvious that there was a whole lot of love invested in this event. You are amazing.

Thanks to
  • Jenny

  • Jenn

  • Donna

  • Mindy

  • Grace

  • Amanda

  • Alice

  • Melissa

  • Jen

  • Tracey

  • and everyone else who shares their stories. Also thank you to
  • Heather Armstrong

  • who inspired me to start writing and who I was too nervous to approach for fear of gooning all over her and making a total arse of myself. One thing I have always been very good at is making a total arse of myself. Particularly in front of people I admire.

    A special shout out to my peeps, the mommybloggers. Some of whom are referred to by their peers as “She’s a mommyblogger, BUT she’s a really good writer..”

    I am not sure when the term Mommyblogging became the bullseye which many people aim for when they squat to take a huge steaming, sanctimonious crap on their fellow writers.
    Seems to be a favored sport by a few. Thankfully, not all. To those of you who read and like what you see, thank you for your support and thanks for having the self esteem and general wherewithall to not have to step on our little mommy heads to make yourself feel successful. You’ve got it goin’ on.

    In an effort to reclaim the title “mommyblogger” on my own terms, I would like to officially alter my title.


    From now on I will only respond to the following titles:

    “MOFOmommybloggerbitchasshobutshe'sareallygoodwriter”

    Or if you prefer :

    “MOFOmommybloggerbitchasshoandshe’satotalhorseshitwriter”

    Feel free to choose the one you feel is most appropriate.

    Word to all you motha’s out there. Peace out.

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Jenny said...

    Yah. Mofomommybloggers unite!

    I had so much fun meeting you, and I'm still absolutely exhausted - y'all wore me out!

    Mwah!

    10:23 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You're a mommy blogger, but you're also really hot.

    Alice (finslippy)

    10:35 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My goodness! You are such a "foul-mouthed" Mommy Blogger! hehhhehehehehehehehheeeeehehehehe (Hear it. Embrace it. Let it make you weep!)

    You partying mommies have worn my ass out! I will be giggling AND yawning for days!

    5:53 PM  
    Blogger Donna said...

    LOVE it! You're such a MOFOmommybloggerbitchasshobutshe'sareallygoodwriter... and I really mean it!

    6:39 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm personally appalled by your lack of decorum! Didn't you learn anything in the obscenity session?

    Your written word is there forever and you will regret your choices some day...please change you ways before it's too late~!

    sincerely,
    Ken-the guy without a mustache.

    Fuck that! This is actually Mr. X, and I had a great time meeting all you MoFoMommyFuckingBloggers!

    6:41 PM  
    Blogger Mindy said...

    Hey!!! He sounded just like that guy, didn't he. Eek.

    So, how about "whore?" Will "whore" work for you? It's sleek, it's simple, and I loved shouting it out across the table at you. Whorewhorewhore. Can't say it on my blog, Mom would have a fit. Whore. Heeeee! man, was it great meeting you. We have to figure out how to have regular Spa Weeks somewhere in the middle.

    P.S. Will you marry me? Really. I'll even write you poetry.

    11:12 PM  
    Blogger Tracey said...

    you are hot and it was so nice ta meetcha.

    did i mention you are *hot*?

    7:51 AM  
    Blogger Busy Mom said...

    Great post, thanks! I'm sure no one will ever figure out thatI'm a mommy blogger, though.

    7:39 AM  
    Blogger jenB said...

    i think i said something about "mommy" being a bad word all of a sudden just like "feminist". fuckers.

    and you are hot.

    6:55 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home