Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Friday, July 01, 2005

 

Happy Birthday To Me

I am 33 years old today. That number seems a litle high to me. 33 years.
Today is Princess Diana's Birthday too. AND Liv Tyler AND Dan Akroyd AND Jamie Farr AND Carl Lewis. Happy Birthday to all of you! Dan Akroyd married the blonde lady from Bosom Buddies. Did you know that? Huh? Did you?

33 Years and I still feel like I don't know much. One might say that admitting one's own ignorance makes one more intelligent than, say, one who claims to know everything but in reality possesses the knowledge that is the equivalent of an atom on a flea on a monkey's ass in a tree in a jungle in South America.

It's nice having a summer birthday. I am not so sure about this 33 thing though. 32 seems a LOT younger than 33. I think I am going to have a big problem with 40.

So far I have a gift certificate from Banana republic, a dozen roses, a gel-like ring that lights up and sparkles in blue and red, and godiva chocolates. My sister Betsy and my father can't make it to my birthday dinner and are lavishing me with guilt gifts.

My nieces slept over last night and babysat Ms Madge during my work party last night. Today we went to the pool and Maggie cried every time I tried to hand her to anyone. I secretly like that because it reminds me that she knows exactly who her momma is. On the other hand, I think it makes people who want to hold her feel bad. At any rate the child seems to be securely attached which means she will grow up to have secure successful relationships. We hope.

We are going to Stella's seafood palace and I plan to order coconut shrimp and a lovely assortment of side dishes, and I plan to wash it all down with a tasty buttery chardonnay. Then we are going to have dessert at the restaurant where my sister works. It's a French Bistro and they make these heavenly little sweet desserts. Yum. Yummy yum yum. I like birthdays.

6 Comments:

Blogger Periwinkle Jen said...

Happy Birthday!
From Jen who got to your site through Mrs. Flinger:-)

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I'm a huge fan of the birthday celebration myself. We'll have to do it again in Santa Clara for sure, as it will still be your birth month.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Askani said...

Happy Birthday!

:-)

10:44 AM  
Blogger Katie Burke said...

Happy birthday, Meghan!

I don't know about you, but the odd years ALWAYS sound older to me. I am not one who tends to fret about getting old, as life just seems to get better with age ... but I do feel a little bummed out on the odd years. It is the strangest thing, but it goes back as far as my 21st birthday, when I just felt old. Then, at 22, I was excited ... and so on and so on, with each odd year being a bit of a bummer and each even year being exciting.

Right now, I am 31 & 1/2. I actually don't mind 31 too much, but I am much more excited to be 32. 32 sounds like a cool, young age. 31 sounds like, "Oh, she's not 30 anymore."

This might just be my own weird hangup about the odds/evens, but it is VERY real to me.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donna Dixon, right? (Dan Ackryod's wife). Do I get any trivia bonus points?

Happy birthday--mine's this month too. But I'm ten years older than you. So don't feel too old--what would that say about me???

9:52 AM  
Blogger Robert Boshaw said...

Happy belated birthday, Meghan!

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home