Further evidence of my not-cool-ness
Like the world needs any further evidence of my chronic dorkdom. The following is a list of 5 characteristics that contribute to the overall geekiness of me.
And by the way, I am taking back the word "geek" to mean uncool. The word Geek should NOT mean technically savvy and witty and rebellious by not admitting that you are in truly fact cool, but call yourself a geek in an effort to be self-deprecating. I am not technically savvy. I am not cool. I am however a geek. And a dork. Akward? Don't get me started.
Here's the list:
1.I stand on the periphery of any group of people I am talking to and sssllllooooowwwllly get edged into the most uncomfortable spot in the room. The busy walkway where I get knocked around like a pinball, in front of the door that keeps swinging. Getting smushed into the back of the next group (perhaps doubling my akwardness factor?). Then getting DIRTY LOOKS from the person I am being mercilessly pressed into. I think this happens because I am tall and try to stand back so people can see. Or it could be that being a dork, people tend to edge me out in an effort to distance themselves from the dorkiness. DORKINESS. The next think I know, I am staring at everyone's back and feeling like a loser because no one is making eye contact. I have flashbacks of the 6th grade. Whimper.
2. Look at the photo at the top of this page. See that fraction of a head in the back? The one that keeps trying deperately to move to be in view of the camera? The one who seems to be wailing “me too! me too! I want to be in the picture too!” Yeah. There are a lot of pictures of me like that. Again, I could try to pull out the “tall” thing, but that only get a person so far.
3. My favorite game is called “my favorite thing about you”. I like to take turns and go around the table and tell everyone what my favorite thing about them is. You would save a lot of money on therapy if you spent time around me and fed me red wine. Who needs Pollyanna when you've got ME? You want to know what's great about YOU? I'll tell you! And I will go ON and ON and ON.
4. Have you seen any of my elementary school pictures?
5. I love showtunes and I am not afraid to sing them.
6. There are more. OH, THERE ARE MORE.